Homecoming at Lincoln High 2016
Homecoming will take place Friday, September 23rd. There will be an all school Assembly that morning followed by the football game at 6:00 pm against North Platte being played at Beechner Field and the Homecoming Dance (enter South doors of LHS) which will start at 8:30 pm going until 11:30 pm.
- Tickets will only be sold to Lincoln High students.
- Ticket sales will began Tuesday, September 20th and will end on Thursday, September 22nd. ONLY 3 DAYS!!! Tickets will NOT be sold on Friday!
- ALL FINES MUST BE PAID IN ORDER TO PURCHASE A TICKET! Fines have been posted on the wall outside of the bookkeepers office (by ID #).
- Tickets will be sold during both A & B lunches and after school until 3:30 outside the Treasurer’s office.
- Ticket price is $5 on Tuesday – Wednesday
- Ticket price increases to $10 on Thursday (buy early)!!!
- In order to purchase tickets, you will need your LHS school ID (if defaced, you will be asked to purchase a new one).
- New ID’s can be purchased for $3 ($4 if you need a lanyard) in the counseling center.
- If bringing a non-LH student, you must bring a photo ID, or copy of the photo ID in order to purchase a ticket for them. If needed, we will photocopy the photo ID and return the original to you. A Homecoming Registration Form must also be filled out prior to purchasing the ticket. Forms can be picked up in the main office, counseling office, or treasurer’s office.
- You can only bring ONE date to Homecoming and if that date is an outside person, they must check in with their LH date.
- It is the LHS student’s responsibility to share dance expectations/guidelines with outside guest.
- In order to get into the dance, student will need to present their ticket and school ID (LH if a LH student or appropriate school or photo ID for non-LH students).
- Any non-LH student must arrive with their LH date.
- Students will need to arrive and be in the designated area by the advertised starting time. The doors will close at 10:00 p.m. and students will not be allowed to enter after this time.
- Students may NOT leave and re-enter.
- All guidelines in the Student Handbook and the LPS Responsibilities of students will apply to students and their guests while at the dance.
- The Lincoln Police Department will always have a presence at school dances. Students may be turned over to an officer if they are suspected of drinking or drugging. If an LPD ticket is issued to the student, parents will be called to transport their child home safely. The ticketed student will also be suspended from school for five days and a LPS Student Services meeting will be required.
- While at the dance, students should follow the directions of the administrators or sponsors on duty.
- Inappropriate sexual references and movements or violence are not allowed. When a dancer exhibits any of these inappropriate motions, they will be warned or removed. If a student is removed, a staff member will notify the parents/guardian regarding arrangements for transportation. Other consequences could be determined by the school or school district including restrictions from other dances and similar activities.
- Inappropriate dancing includes: 1) touching while dancing back to front, 2) touching of breasts, buttocks or genital areas, 3) feet that are raised off the floor and hands that are touching the floor, 4) “hiking-up” of skirts or dresses, 5) leaning against the wall while dancing, and 6) dancing that appears to be “simulating sex” or “grinding”.
- A coat/purse/shoe check will be available for students who want a safe place to keep personal items.
- Hats are not allowed and should be left at home or placed in the coat check.
Creating a SAFE and FUN environment:
- Our hope is that our school dances are very special events for our students as they interact in positive ways in a safe and supervised environment.
- Music – a variety of music will be played. The DJ will not accept requests for songs the night of the dance. If you have a song you would like to hear, please tell a student council member.
- Lights – there will be some “lighting” at the dance to ensure student safety.
- All students will receive a wrist band when they enter the dance acknowledging their acceptance of dance guidelines. Students must be wearing a wrist band at all times or will be asked to leave the dance.
- Any student not meeting the standards/expectations will be asked to step from the dance floor and debrief with a staff member. This will be considered a warning and the wrist band will be marked.
- If a student is asked to debrief with a staff member a second time, he/she will be walked to a specified location to call his/her parent or guardian to arrange for transportation home. Their wrist band will be clipped and the student will not be allowed to re-enter the dance. No money will be returned to the student.
- Any student who is asked to leave may be placed on a safety plan or receive a longer restriction from dances and/or similar activities based on the need to keep them and students around them safe. The plan will be made during school hours with students and parent/guardian(s).